Every picture below brings me untold joy at this amazing work God has done in Kenya through the generosity of people Kenya and the generosity of those who frequent my websites. Incredible!
- For God to do what he did he had to disillusion a young preacher, Michael Wafula, nine years ago to go on an Internet search to find out if something more real was out there than the Christianity he knew.
- And God lead him to a free copy of He Loves Me, which he downloaded and it began to provide the answers for some of the deepest longings of his heart.
- And God had to stir that man to invite me to come to Kenya, which opened a door for us to have a wider conversation via email for three years.
- And God had to me in contact with a missionary from Australia on her way to Kenya and her willingness to meet with Michael to see if the opportunity there was legitimate. She wrote me back after her return to tell me that, “this man has a heart of gold and you can trust him with anything.”
- And then God alerted me to the post-election violence in Kenya and nudged me to get a hold of Michael and see if he needed anything. He had 250 people in his back yard he could not feed. So we sent money for food and costs to help some displaced people.
- God began to knit our hearts together as we had opportunity to help with other education and medical needs.
- And then God stirred Kent Burgess and me to go to Kenya and spend time among this marvelous group of people who were just learning that God is a God of love. They responded well to the dfthings we shared and launched them on a very different journey to share his love around east Africa instead of God’s principles.
- And then God had to stir us to get involved with seventy-two orphan children who were living in their own filth in a slum and many of you to send contributions to help relocate them to a safer and more sanitary space.
- And then God had to put them in touch with 120,000 forgotten people in the upper reaches of Kenya who were dying of drought and poor sanitation.
- Meanwhile God had been stirring some people in Texas to put money into a fund, having no idea how it might be used.
- And God had to stir the Kenyans we knew to want to go to that region with food and medical supplies and many of you to help fund them to go with over $62,000.
- And God stirred them to return
- Then God made sure the people in Texas heard about the people in West Pokot and nudged them to help relieve the suffering there. They sent $155,000 over two weeks to help the volunteers build a school, a pharmacy, and drill three wells.
- And he nudged 55 volunteers to return to West Pokot to build the buildings and help further feed the people.
- Then God tapped a woman in Australia who is a pharmacist by trade and wanted to help set up the pharmacy. She was willing to pay to build it, but that money had already been provided.
Tell me God can’t touch a world by the simple obedience of people that he can knit together at a moment’s notice! Does he need extensive institutions that eat up all the money in administrative fees, or obedient people he could bring together to rescue a group of starving people on the plains of Kenya?
As I look back over this story I wouldn’t have seen any of these singular events as the most important thing going on in my life that day. And yet, God was able to write a story of love and hope that astounds me in retrospect. This is his church. He can really be its head. What can happen in this world as thousands and thousands of people simply listen to him and do what he asks of them. He truly does all things well!
I received this from Michael yesterday:
Dear brother Wayne, greetings in Jesus name, it is very long time without communicating but I thank God for this young man Thomas who has been communicating with you, including updates towards Northern Parts projects. As you know, this place is far away and the roads are very bad, it needs grace of God, especially the well number two where we spend long time because of the broken down of the truck, we stay on the road some days till we fixed again, but God is good we are now joyful that all wells are covered, and found out last night that well number three is done. All of us we were so joyful for what the Lord has done. This is amazing grace.
I have gone many places in East Africa specifically Kenya but I have never served such wonderful people with hunger towards the word of God, thank you very much for all cooperation, also for the addition funds to enable this project to be completed. So now the dispensary is very big and spacious. We have now the store inside, pharmacists inside, wards for women, Men, labour Ward, resting labour Ward, intensive care unit room, rooms for doctors, room for Nurses, room for staff, room for keeping records and Toilets and bathroom. This is so great. Those rooms raise more work and funds.
All the work it will be completed next week, we thank God also for our volunteers who have worked tirelessly. May the Lord bless you so much; send our greetings to all who has stand with us.
Amazing grace, indeed!
Every one of these pictures speaks of the new life springing up among the people in West Pokot. Don’t miss the last two! After sending $93,000 in hopes of striking water in three different wells, to see it flow freely brings a smile to my heart.
The pharmacy nears completion
A few of the volunteers who donated their labor
Distributing the maize to feed the hungry
A river of life for the people in West Pokot
The used to walk 40 kms for water, now they with joy draw water near their own homes
For more information or to contribute to our work in Kenya, see our Sharing With the World page.