I get asked quite often for a chronological list of the books I’ve written. I figured it was time to put it in a place I could refer to easily and that search engines might pick up when people are looking for this information.
Looking over the list makes me profoundly grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to put some of my thoughts in writing. I’m grateful that God has allowed me to be a part of each of these projects, for the people I worked with on them, and for the people who found them helpful in their own journeys. I don’t see myself primarily as a writer; I see myself as a teacher-companion, helping people find themselves at home in the Father’s heart.
I read Psalm 84 this morning, and a phrase jumped off the page at me:
“And how blessed are those in whom you live,
whose lives become roads you travel.” (v. 5, The Message)
As much as I want my life to be a road that Jesus travels, I want yours to be that as well. It certainly isn’t about doing everything right or having every circumstance work out perfectly. It simply means providing a place for him to travel with us—drawing us into the orbit of his love, showing us the mysteries of who he is and how he thinks, transforming what self has twisted, and winning us out of the lies that diminish me and hurt others. There is no greater adventure.
So, here’s the list.
Chronological List of Wayne’s Titles
- The Naked Church(1987, republished as A Passion for God’s Presence in 1991. Third Edition – 1998)
- The Vineyard (1992) out of print
- Tales of the Vine (1995) out of print
- In My Father’s Vineyard (1997) out of print
- He Loves Me(1999, Second edition – 2007)
- Authentic Relationships with Clay Jacobsen (2003)
- So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore with Dave Coleman (2006)
- The Shack with Wm. Paul Young and Brad Cummings (2007)
- In Season: Embracing the Father’s Process of Fruitfulness(2011)
- A Man Like No Other with Murry Whiteman and Brad Cummings (2011)
- Finding Church (2014)
- Beyond Sundays (2018)
- A Language of Healing for a Polarized Nation with Arnita Willis Taylor and Robert L. Prater (2019)
- Live Loved Free Full (2021)