I got a good laugh out of this and thought you might as well. A Christian bookstore owner from upstate Wisconsin sent me the following email:
I’ve been meaning to share something I thought you might be blessed by (or at least get a kick out of it). We’ve been stocking your books in our store and recommend He Loves Me! whenever we get the chance. My wife & I were talking the other day about the degree to which we have come to recommend He Loves Me! When we first started to carry it, we would try to get a feel for each customer, and if they seemed to be looking for something specifically in the realm of your book.
Then the scope seemed to naturallly get bigger and bigger…
- “Hi, I’m looking for something that might help me understand the love of God better.” …”Well, allow me to recommend ‘“He Loves Me!“
- “Yes… I’m looking for something to help me in my Christian Walk” …”Have you heard of He Loves Me!?”
- “Hello, I’m looking for a book to help me with Holiness” …”Take a look at He Loves Me!“
- “Yeah, do you have any good books for Women?” …”I’d recommend He Loves Me!“
- “What would be a good Men’s book?” …”Check out He Loves Me!‘”
- “Have a good marriage book?” …”Yep. He Loves Me!“
- “Do you have any books to help me my finances?” …”Of course we do…it’s called He Loves Me!“
- “Any books which would help me organize my time better?” …”He Loves Me!“
- “Do any of your books tell me if my pet fluffy will be in Heaven?” …”Yes, I think that’s addressed in He Loves Me!“
- “How about a book on a better way to change diapers?”…”You should try, He Loves Me!“
- “Hi…I’m looking for a book to…oh wait, let me guess, you’d recommend He Loves Me!, right?” … “Um, well, yes.”
Of course this is an exaggeration, but I think you get the point. Your book is also the #1 book we give away. So many have already been blessed by it through our tiny little shop. Just thought you should know.